Community Capital Project Requests
Click here to view the FY 2017 Community of Ketchikan capital request priority booklet.
Prior Community of Ketchikan capital project funding requests, dating back to 1985, are available .
The Community of Ketchikan Capital Project process generally includes these steps:
- August-Municipal governing bodies identify respective infrastructure priority capital projects
- Early September-Lobbying Executive Committee requested to convene to discuss prioritization of community capital projects
- Second Meeting September-Municipal governing bodies approve community capital project priority list
- Late September-Borough Clerk's office submit capital priority list to Governor
- November/December-Borough Clerk's office enters capital projects into the Legislature's Online Capital Project System (CAPSIS)
- February-Community of Ketchikan representatives travel to State Capitol in Juneau to advocate for Ketchikan capital projects and policy issues
Submit a Request
Non-profit or governmental agencies may submit requests to include a project in the Community of Ketchikan priority booklet. Items that are included in the booklet are also added to the Ketchikan projects in the legislative capital project database, or CAPSIS, for that fiscal year. For a FY 2017 Capital Project Funding Request Form please contact the Borough Clerk's office.