Rules of the Road
for the comfort & safety of all riders:
• Please stand behind the yellow or white line while the bus is in motion
• Please do not talk to the driver while the bus is in motion
• Please follow the driver’s instructions.
• Please do not block the aisles.
• Please do not cross in front of the bus after departing.
• If you need to cross the street please wait until the bus has departed.
• Children must be out of strollers and in the care of responsible adult.
• Children must be either seated on a lap or in the seat next to an adult.
• Combustible or flammable materials are not permitted on
the bus which includes gas cans; vehicle batteries; kerosene; oil; etc.
• Transporting of animals Is not permitted except In a secure container.
• Service dogs only allowed without a container.
• Beverage containers must have a secure lid on them.
• No eating on the bus.
• Personal hygiene: Please be reasonably clean while riding on the bus.
• Use the bell cord to signal driver when you want to depart
from bus. Driver will stop at the next bus stop.
• Do not interfere in any way with the operation of the bus.
• No weapons except where permitted by state law.
• While on the bus or at any bus stop do not use drugs or alcohol
or any form of tobacco, bother others or
deface any Borough property. Keep Ketchikan clean use waste cans.
But most importantly enjoy your ride. For info call 511
KGB Transit is committed to ensuring that no person is excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination in the receipt of its services or programs on the basis of race, color or national origin or any other characteristics protected by law, including Title I of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended. Further, under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, no entity shall discriminate against an individual with a physical or mental disability in connection with the provision of transportation service.
To obtain more information on KGB Transit’s nondiscrimination obligations or to file a Title VI complaint, contact KGB Transit’s Supervisor at:
Kyan Reeve, 1900 First Avenue, Ketchikan AK, 99901 (907) 225-8726 or DIAL 511