The Department of Planning and Community Development administers the following permit processes:

  • Zoning Permits
  • Sign Permits
  • Variances
  • Conditional Use Permits
  • Rezones
  • Platting Actions
  • Street Renaming applications

Many of these permits are administrative, while others require approval from the Planning Commission or even the Assembly.

City of Ketchikan Building Permits

Any construction done in the City of Ketchikan must include a Building Permit Application. All Building Permit Applications must include an Owner Authorization Signature Page, regardless of applying for a Zoning Permit or not.

State Driveway Permit

May be applied for online.